To raise money in support of Oxfam Australia I am going to ride my motor bike Clockwise around Australia.
In August 2009. I'll be leaving from Melbourne heading west along the Great Ocean Road, finding my way to Adelaide, ducking across to Esperance, around the coast to Perth, up to Karratha, Broome, across to Katherine and Jabiru. Take a breath then back down to Tennant Creek, just nip across to Townsville. Then down the coast to Gladstone, inland to Toowoomba then Armidale, Tamworth through the Yengo and Blue Mountains National Parks to Goulburn. Through Canberra, the Kosciuszko National Park back to Cooma, down to Cann River, Bairnsdale, a small detour up the Great Apline Road if its open, across the Dargo High Plains. Around to Mansfield, Alexandra and down the Black Spur home.
A distance of approximately 15,000 km and camping in National Parks or caravan parks. Taking about 35 days.

To Donate directly to Oxfam Australia click above
I again extend an open invitation to anyone who would like to join me on any part of this trip, please do.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday 19 August

And the prize goes to Renea for guessing whats wrong with Peters' bike, it was the engine mounts, they had seen their last days. They arrived overnight, much to Bernies surprise, God does work wonders. I am now at Margaret River after just being to see Lake Cave, well worth a look. Another big thank you to Bernie and Tracy for their kind help. After I left Esperance in great weather, the wind soon picked up and I was riding with a very strong cross wind for most of the way. Did not quite make it to Albany as the time pasted five thirty I saw a number of Roos crossing the road ahead and as it got darker I realised my head light was not working; I switched to high beam and that didn't work ether. I saw some street lights ahead and pulled into a general store to ask about a head light globe or somewhere to camp. the kind man there suggested just back up the road was a hall and I could pitch my tent there.
In the morning I had a thought and checked the fuse, sure enough it had blown, replaced it with a spare and I headed off. The roads threw to Denmark are great for bikes and the country side is magnificent. The weather turned ugly and I rode into a lot of rain and more wind. It's now fine and hopefully it will stay fine as I'm looking for a caravan park for a hot shower and to do some laundry.

3 comments:

John Greig said...

Hi Peter
Just a note to say we are praying that you have a safe and enjoyable trip . Our prayers are also with your family Blessing John and Debbie

pjidhlscr@iprimus.com.au said...

Thanks John much appreciated.

lancy said...

Nice blog to see.
motor bikes Toowoomba


To Donate directly to Oxfam Australia click above