To raise money in support of Oxfam Australia I am going to ride my motor bike Clockwise around Australia.
In August 2009. I'll be leaving from Melbourne heading west along the Great Ocean Road, finding my way to Adelaide, ducking across to Esperance, around the coast to Perth, up to Karratha, Broome, across to Katherine and Jabiru. Take a breath then back down to Tennant Creek, just nip across to Townsville. Then down the coast to Gladstone, inland to Toowoomba then Armidale, Tamworth through the Yengo and Blue Mountains National Parks to Goulburn. Through Canberra, the Kosciuszko National Park back to Cooma, down to Cann River, Bairnsdale, a small detour up the Great Apline Road if its open, across the Dargo High Plains. Around to Mansfield, Alexandra and down the Black Spur home.
A distance of approximately 15,000 km and camping in National Parks or caravan parks. Taking about 35 days.

To Donate directly to Oxfam Australia click above
I again extend an open invitation to anyone who would like to join me on any part of this trip, please do.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday 21 August

Found a nice caravan park on the coast just out of Margaret River and slept well. It rained over night and I had to pack up a wet tent. It started out fine for the first hour but then it rained all the rest of the way around Perth and up to Gingin; where I decided it wasn't worth going any further as I was wet right through. So I got myself a small unit had a hot shower and set up a blow heater to dry everything out. It continued to rain overnight but stopped by morning. Everything was mostly dry by morning and God has blessed me with fine weather to Geraldton. I'm at the local library which is about to close so I'm making this short. The roads in Perth are bad but the highway up to here is very good, slightly rolling hills and gentle curves in the road. I was surprised at the amount of traffic, lots of caravans as well as trucks. I'm having trouble uploading photos, and sometimes the up load is very slow, but I will keep trying and soon hopefully there will be a lot more to see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

G'day Pete,
Glad to hear you are on the road again and that Renea had the answer.
Enjoy your trip through WA and stay safe.
Blessings,
Peter and Maureen.

Unknown said...

G'day Pete,
Glad to hear you are on the road again and that Renea had the answer.
Enjoy your trip through WA and stay safe.
Blessings,
Peter and Maureen.


To Donate directly to Oxfam Australia click above